COVID-19 Resources for Farmers and Farmworkers (Migrant, Seasonal and H2A)
This information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is intended to provide guidance for individuals living and working on North Carolina farms. In addition to providing general information and resources about COVID-19, it also includes special considerations for farms that employ and house farmworkers.
Please be aware that information and resources about COVID-19 are changing rapidly and that resources may be different from county to county. Be sure that you are receiving accurate information from reliable sources such as your county health department, N.C. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Farm Safety & Health
- Guidance for Migrant Farmworkers, Their Employers and Housing Providers (En Español)
- Documents for Temporary Agricultural Worker Bulk Purchases (NCDA&CS)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Guidance for North Carolina Farms (En Español)
- Respirator Decision Tree Chart (National Pesticide Safety Education Center)
- Temporary Worker Housing COVID-19 Guidance (N.C. Dept. of Labor)
- Interim Guidance for Environmental Cleaning for Non-Healthcare Settings
Following Exposure to a Patient with Confirmed or Suspected 2019 Novel
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection
- Interim Congregate Living Settings Guidance for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Infection
- Map of Farmworker Health Clinics in North Carolina (English and Spanish)
- Assessment of Farmworker Who Reports Fever or Cough
- List of EPA Pre-Approved COVID-19 Fighting Products
- COVID-19 Fact Sheets on Health Literacy (Available in 30+ Languages)
- This resource from the Health Literacy Project can be particularly helpful for those who need fact sheets in languages other than English (such as Spanish or Creole).
Posters and Fact Sheets
- Five Facts About COVID-19 (En Español)
- Handwashing Poster from CDC (En Español)
- Handwashing Steps Poster (En Español)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (En Español)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease / COVID-19 (En Español)
- COVID-19 and H2A Labor: DHS Exempts Agricultural Labor Travel From Mexico; List of Current Available Workers (Department of Homeland Security, March 23, 2020)
The NC State Extension Farmworker Health and Safety Education Program has developed a series of introductory videos in Spanish focusing on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and farmworkers.
Find more information and resources related to the video series.
View a recording of a webinar discussion about farmworker health and safety information and resources using the information below:
Webinar: Farm Health & Safety Considerations for COVID-19 (April 17, 2020)