Essential Food and Agriculture Employee Documents (NCDA&CS)
The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS) is taking preventive measures to help farmers and agribusinesses navigate the state’s shelter-in-place order. Please see the two linked documents below and share with farmers, agribusinesses, commodity partners and other industry contacts as appropriate.
Please note that these documents DO NOT cover Extension or research travel on behalf of NC State University at this time. NC State Extension and CALS administration are working with the university to develop a travel exemption plan to cover necessary activities on the part of our faculty and staff. We will amend this information as updates are available.
The following documents are to be used as a notification method to notify law enforcement or anyone else that people carrying them are involved in the critical and essential industry of agriculture. Again, these documents are intended for farmers, agribusinesses and industry partners — please share accordingly.
- Notice of Essential Food and Agriculture Employee (PDF)
- The organization should complete and sign the form, which their designated employees can keep with them during necessary work activities and travel.
- View Spanish version (PDF)
- Letter to N.C. Law Enforcement Regarding Essential Food and Agriculture Employees (PDF)
- NCDA&CS sent this letter on March 25, 2020, to the five largest law enforcement associations in North Carolina to provide notice about essential employees in the agriculture industry of North Carolina. We are sharing here so our farm and agribusiness contacts can have a copy for their records.
- View press release on NCDA&CS site.
To reiterate, these resources are to keep North Carolina’s agribusiness industry flowing if there is an executive order further restricting movement in the state or to use at the local level. Thank you for your ongoing support of North Carolina agriculture. Find more information and resources on the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services COVID-19 Response site.