Documents for Temporary Agricultural Worker Bulk Purchases (NCDA&CS)

— Written By

The North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS) in support of our farm workers across the state, has asked our retail grocery partners to be aware of farm workers who may need to purchase products in sufficient quantities that exceed limits that are in place.

The documents below from Commission Troxler outline the situation and include the official authorization form that a farm worker will need to provide to a store employee at the time of purchase.

The intent of these documents is to allow farms to purchase for the needs of other farm workers within the camps, limiting exposure during these times. The farmer or farm manager should complete and sign the notice form for the worker who is designated to do the shopping.

Note that it may take several days for retail outlets to filter this information down to individual stores. However, we hope this will help to alleviate some of the issues with purchasing certain items that stores are limiting.

RELATED: NCDA&CS Essential Food and Agriculture Employee Documents

Written By

Justin Moore, N.C. Cooperative ExtensionJustin MooreDirector of Marketing and Communications, NC State Extension Call Justin E-mail Justin Extension Administration
NC State Extension, NC State University
Posted on Apr 13, 2020
Was the information on this page helpful? Yes check No close
Scannable QR Code to Access Electronic Version