New Food Safety, Grocery Shopping Resources Released
The NC State Extension Food Safety team continues to develop resources to guide consumers and the food industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. A sampling of new materials provide guidance on minimizing risk while grocery shopping and facts and tips related to fresh produce and the coronavirus.
Find a comprehensive offering of food safety resources, in both English and Spanish, that provide best practices for COVID-19 preparation and risk management for individuals at home and for food environments like restaurants, grocery stores, food banks, gardens, and farms at Extension COVID-19 Food Safety Resources.
Social Media Graphics
- Washing Produce
- Could Eating Fresh Produce Cause COVID-19?
- Fresh Produce Top Tips
- Social Distancing at the Farmers Market
Home Food Preservation
- General Canning provides an overview of how to preserve foods safely with water bath or pressure canning, including training materials
- Fermentation and Pickling provides fact sheets, recipes, and training materials on how to safely dry fruits, vegetables and meats
- Dehydration provides fact sheets, recipes, and training materials on how to safely dry fruits, vegetables, and meats
Minimizing Risk While Grocery Shopping (English)
Minimizing Risk While Grocery Shopping (Spanish)