Being part of the Pack means we are accountable together, we take responsibility for our own health and the protection of others, and we collectively work to help keep the NC State community safe from the spread of COVID-19, both on campus and across the state. We each play an important part in keeping the NC State community safe.
Every member of the Wolfpack has a responsibility to know and act in accordance with the university policies and guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as fully comply with the NC State community standards.
Refer to the Extension Return-to-Work Guide post for guidance regarding ongoing county center and campus program operations.
You can also review NC State’s employee training presentation – Working Safely During COVID-19: Returning to Campus for Spring 2021 – which provides detailed plans for bringing students, faculty and staff back to campus safely.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
As trusted members of the communities we serve, Extension faculty and staff are in a unique position to address the issue of vaccine hesitancy. Additionally, employees have their own health and the well-being of family and loved ones to consider. Find resources below to learn more about current vaccination plans and resources you can use to educate your communities.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources for Extension Professionals
- NC State COVID-19 Vaccine Planning FAQ
- You Have a Spot. Take Your Shot. (DHHS) – find state guidance and protocols for vaccine distribution, as well as education and communication campaigns.
- You can also help slow the spread of the virus by downloading SlowCOVIDNC, the official exposure notification app for North Carolina, as well as promoting the app with DHHS’ communications toolkit.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Toolkit | Community-Based Organizations
This CDC toolkit contains plain language fact sheets in eight different languages, newsletter articles, key messages, customizable letters, social media graphics, posters and flyers that you can use in your educational efforts. Many of these materials can be customized with our Extension logos (N.C. Cooperative Extension | NC State Extension).
- View All CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkits
You can also find resources in the toolkits for essential workers (including agriculture), long-term care facilities, vaccine recipients and healthcare professionals. For example, detailed information about the Pfizer BioNTech and Moderna vaccines can be found in the Recipient Education Toolkit.
- Protect the Pack
- Continue to check NC State’s Protect the Pack website for updates, reactivation plans, employee resources, FAQs and additional information, and make sure to carefully read all communications from the university.
- N.C. A&T State University COVID-19 Resources
- Resources for the Public | Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T
- NC State Personal Safety Requirements Related to COVID-19
- Working@NC State During COVID-19
- Face Covering Pick-up Locations on Campus
- COVID-19 Operations Line for Reporting Concerns
- Self-Quarantine Guidelines
- Self-Reporting – if you test positive for COVID-19, it’s vital that you let us know so we can support you and trace the disease’s spread.
- Pandemic and Communicable Disease Guidelines and Resources
- University Human Resources has developed guidelines on pandemic and communicable disease to assist during the COVID-19 event, along with social distancing and alternative work resources employees.
CALS / Extension Community Resources
- CALS Coronavirus Response and News Updates
- Extension Human Resources
- North Carolina State Health Plan – Coronavirus Updates
- COVID-19: CALS Business Operations Updates and Guidance
- This page provides CALS-specific business operations updates and information related to COVID-19, including contracts and grants, travel restrictions and PCard guidance.
NC State Coronavirus Communications Toolkit
UComm has developed a list of resources, tips and guidelines for NC State communicators to use as we navigate this challenging time together. Extension employees can find useful information and guidance on topics like content strategy, media relations and social media.
Employee Reporting – Collecting Impacts
We’re working to compile the very best examples of the inspiring and innovative work Extension employees are doing to stay connected with their audiences and help North Carolinians navigate the novel coronavirus across the state. Please use the Google Sheet below to share examples that you feel best illustrate the value of your county and campus Extension programming.
Extension county employees can find guidance on collecting demographics from Zoom meetings, reporting telework activities, and utilizing ERS, along with a variety of tip sheets, on the Extension Evaluation website.
Extension System Resources
- Public University Communications on COVID-19 (APLU)
- APLU created this coronavirus portal with the latest guidance, impacts on teaching and learning, and communications resources to help universities in responding to coronavirus and communicating with their campuses.
- The COVID-19 resource hub is a searchable database that allows users to easily locate COVID-19 resources on a particular topic from land-grant institutions nationwide.
- EDEN is gathering information from Extension systems across the country to ready Extension educators to help address concerns within the communities they serve.
Internet Access and Services
- COVID-19 Internet Service Offerings (N.C. Department of Information Technology)
- As many North Carolina residents are being asked to work and learn remotely in response to COVID-19, DIT has compiled a list of new and existing free or affordable high-speed internet service offerings from vendors across the state.
MiFi Portable Hotspots
You can also work with Extension Information Technology (EIT) to lease MiFi equipment that provides portable hotspots to help as you work remotely. These devices can be leased for just under $39/mo. and include unlimited connectivity.
Connect with EIT for more information or to discuss other needs with an expert:
Videos and Zoom Conferencing
View the latest Update on Zoom Security from NC State.
- Zoom Video Conferencing Info and Tools (EIT)
- Zoom Security and Privacy (DELTA)
- Report “Zoombombing” incidents to the NC State Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
- Zoom Quality and Data Usage (EIT)
- Zoom COVID-19 Resources
- How to Change Your Zoom Background
*Download Virtual Background Graphics for N.C. Cooperative Extension and NC State Extension.
Extension Video Resources
- N.C. Cooperative Extension Video Resources
- NC State Extension Video Resources
- Tips for Creating Engaging Videos (EIT)
- Note the Tips for Creating Closed Captions video – we’ve received many questions about captioning. The short answer is, “yes,” you must caption ALL videos regardless of where they’re posted (YouTube, Facebook, website, etc.).
- How to Get Your Videos on YouTube (EIT)
Virtual Education / Telework Tools
- Tips and Tools for Remote and Distributed Teams (DELTA)
- Tips for Setting Up Your Home Workspace (NC State)
- Remote Computing Resources for All CALS Employees
- Work Securely from Home | Tips and Tools (OIT)
- Distance Learning Tools for Extension Virtual Programming
- Adobe Distance Learning Resources (Tools and Workshops During COVID-19)
- Make Sure Your Virtual Learning is Accessible (NC State Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity)
- Scheduling Online Events with Eventbrite (EIT)
Video Micro-Classes on Leadership Development
- Leading During Uncertain Times (Extension Organizational Development)
- Guidance for Leading and Working Remotely (Extension Organizational Development)
Wellness and Work-from-Home Resources
- Wellness Resources Overview (University HR)
- An overview message from Marie Williams, associate vice chancellor for human resources at NC State.
- COVID-19 Wellness Guide & Resources (University HR)
- Remote Work: A Toolkit for Working from Home (University HR)
- Wellness and Recreation at Home (NC State Wellness and Recreation)
- Mental Health Tips and Resources During COVID-19 (NC State Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity)
While NC State continues to prepare for and address COVID-19’s impact on our university community, various resources are available for assistance and further information.
- NC State Extension Administration
- Extension Marketing and Communications
- CALS Communications
- University Communications and Marketing
Have questions, suggestions or stories?
We want to ensure we are providing meaningful guidance to you, please let us know if you have questions or feedback. We will update this site at least once daily throughout the pandemic.
- Submit Your Questions
- Submit Your Story Ideas
NC State and CALS are actively working to promote positive stories from our communities and showcase our impact across Extension. Share local success stories and timely examples of innovation and resilience – how is Extension helping North Carolinians deal with COVID-19?
Stay informed when new resources are posted!
Select “COVID-19 News” from the list of subscription topics at this page: